View Single Post
Old 06-11-22, 12:51 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,089 Times in 1,182 Posts
Originally Posted by Badger6
No reason to doubt your use case, though my n=2 (me using one for about a week, and a friend of mine who does long distance endurance events) says 6-7 is about all you can expect without external charging (which can be done on the move while the device is recording). I bet it is a hot topic, because a dead device doesn’t record anything…and the reality is that the battery and OS of the Hammerhead will need an upgrade to get more life out of a charge.
Hub hub I've read is the higher definition screen of the K2 is partly responsible for the mediocre battery life. Garmin seems to have avoided that by not going to a matching screen quality on the 1040, instead doing a good enough screen that seems to help the battery (all speculation on my part). I've no clue what HH will do, as my experience is battery life does not get better with OS updates, seems to get slightly worse. I've seen as poor as 6 hrs. on the K2, then it comes back, I've also seen 14 hrs., but that didn't last. I use a Di2 connection as well as a speed sensor, and this is JRA, no navigation, which seems to cut battery life by maybe 20-25%. Battery life is a funny topic as in my opinion, most folks are perfectly fine with 8-10 hrs. I would suspect typical users are not doing double centuries, thus can take the time to charge overnight. I do know I would take my 1030 with me on a 7 day Bon Ton Roulet ride this July as the 20 hrs. means charge every 2-3 days, not overnight, which is easier to manage. I would also take my 1030 on self supported bike tours, same reason.
Likes For Steve B.: