MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10175 Post(s)
Liked 5,871 Times in 3,160 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
I WAS running it on my home laptop through the spare TV in the garage (it's more of a finished family room/workshop), which gave it okay graphics, AND the startup and world-change times weren't atrocious. AND I could play my music through the speakers. Then it started having a weird HDMI connectivity problem where the TV screen would go black for seconds and the speakers would go silent, then it would come back. This would happen a couple times in a row over a minute or so, then it would be fine for 10 minutes or more, then happen again. This happened with the TV, and with a monitor I use for work, and with different HDMI cables, etc. Funny thing is, the computer never registers that the HDMI connection is broken, so it doesn't transfer Zwift back to the laptop screen. It wasn't just Zwift, or when Zwift was running, but really any time I tried to run another monitor via the HDMI socket.

I actually did a couple races that way, but clearly that's suboptimal!

So I started using a lower-grade laptop The Older Boy bought but largely ignores, but it takes at least 5 minutes to launch Zwift - I start it up, then go change into my riding clothes, and when I come back it's STILL launching - and loading a world takes 2-5 minutes, too.
I have a more or less top of the line Apple laptop from work. I’ll try it on that and if it makes a big difference I’ll look for something legal.
Likes For MoAlpha: