View Single Post
Old 05-01-22, 01:36 PM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 2,806 Times in 535 Posts
Well I cursed it by decreeing the nice sunny weather yesterday, and so today was back to very British grey skies and drizzle. It didn't stop me getting out on the bike though, but I'm not nearly as brave as this lot of budding 'ordinary' learner riders. Central London is not the place I'd fancy riding one of these.

Riding through Hyde Park.....

I passed by 3 Savile Row, now Abercrombie & Fitch offices.....
In 1969 it was home to the Apple Corporation set up by the Beatles long before Mr Jobs had any ipod or iphone inklings. And on a cold afternoon on the 30 January the rooftop of this building was the location of the last pubic performance of the Beatles.

I then cycled to Tavistock Square to show my bike to Mahatma Ghandi.....

"Nice ride bro" was one of his lesser known quotes. I made that up haha. Here's a real one "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were to live forever"
Wise words indeed, I leave the great man to his thoughts and head off towards the old St Pancras Church.

...and in the grounds is what's known as the Hardy tree which has become entwined with many grave headstones....

And I finish up the day in Camden looking for some street art.

"Nice ride bro" I imagine her saying.....a strange feeling of deja vu washes over me haha.
I end the day startling a man riding a cat.....

....before heading home to watch my football team win 3-1, happy days indeed. And its May day bank holiday in the UK tomorrow, so a day off work tomorrow, which if Ghandi lived in London and was down with the slang he'd say was "pukka", a slang word borrowed from Hindi and Urdu word "pakka" which means solid, and these days means excellent/cool. I'm still living and learning Mahatma *doffs cap*.

Last edited by botty kayer; 05-01-22 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spells