Old 05-03-22, 07:46 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked 3,405 Times in 1,206 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
This may be pretty boring for most of you but I could not help but ponder this today. I spent much of my ride time this morning appreciating how lucky I am. Lucky to own this old wreck of a bike and to be able to keep in a top state of tune. Lucky to have the time, the resources and the health and wellness to drive to my favorite trail head and access hours and hours of paved routes through the woods and along regional waterways with no motor vehicles to think about. Lucky to have picked an activity that builds my health and wellness. Lucky to glide silently along by myself mile after mile either just listening to the season blossom or listening to some traditional Celtic music. Lucky to have the chance to set most of my life aside for a couple of hours and, to some degree, ignore the tempest of events and issues that surround us, at least for a bit. This bicycle thing is pretty good stuff!

The Schuylkill River - one of the regions first commercial super highways, back thousands of years. Behind me is the Schuylkill Canal - the second commercial super highway. Across the river, up in those trees, the railroad - the third (and still active ) commercial superhighway along with the Blackrock Tunnel - one of the first rail tunnels constructed in the US and still in constant use today.
I do like being surrounded by history that dates back thousands of years, millions even
We gotta get a group together and ride with you on some of these trails!