View Single Post
Old 05-04-22, 01:31 PM
MCHunt

Bikes: 2023 Trek Procaliber, 2019 Argon 18 Dark Matter, 2019 Argon 18 Gallium Disc, 2000 Steve Rex custom, 1993 Greg Lemond TSX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts

Second ride on CL Torpado Beta. It's a short loop of 17 miles with about 1600' of climbing. There are a couple of 10% sections of climbing that were challenging with the 42-23 low gear. The only parts changed out were to get the bike to fit. I needed a longer seatpost in 26.8 from Orange Velo as the stock ofmega was over the max line for my saddle height. Changed out the San Marco Corsair for an old Rolls. New rubber for the original Michelin BIB TS-20's that were more than dry rotted. Longer stem and wider bars also. Stock was 100 mm and 38 cm ITB bar and stem changed out for parts bin 120 3TTT and 42 ITM bars. The Universal 125 brakes are going next as they are a safety issue in the hilly area where I live. The reach is so long that I can barely get my first knuckle around them. Then there is the performance, or lack thereof...going into several downhill traffic lights, I was pondering do I brake first or loosen my toe strap because I was unable to do both. Fortunately, I have a set of Campy Cobaltos that haven't been on a bike since 1994 and are begging to be on this one. Overall, I am very impressed with the ride of this frame though.
Likes For MCHunt: