View Single Post
Old 10-25-17, 08:33 PM
JimiMimni

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kings run east
Totally. But there's a very narrow passage before you enter the back straight, and in this case you exit on the back straight as well.
There is a railing there, but the apron doesn't change width. I'm confused what the problem is here. It's never been a problem during race nights, and I've only missed a couple since the facility opened. Nor have I seen, or heard of any problems with it at all.

This expectation is not extended at BVV under the current management, at least not during cert classes. The director indicated that this expectation wouldn't be extended during races as well, but I don't know first hand.
This is new to me, again, never seen it on race nights. You simply exit the track when the speed is safe, and go about your evening.

I do agree with you on the riders-as-ambassadors gripe. The first year, there was an attempt to have a dedicated staff member/volunteer to meet and greet. That said, in my experience, and the experience of those that I speak with at BVV, it's hardly an issue. Almost everyone who visits seems pretty keen on the track and at least feigns interest in watching the races.

Also, in fairness, the track director does get a bit wordy. I am a VERY big fan of him personally, so I don't criticize lightly, but I have been around some cert classes and thought "that could be said better." The reality is that he's a solid dude with his head in the right place (normally) and is quite good at what he does.

I hope you're planing to come out and experience our race night culture, because it is hardly stunted nor critically flawed. The spectator counts rise every summer, and the racing just gets better.