Old 11-07-17, 10:09 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by taras0000
I don't know if you guys remember Mark French from Aus. He had the largest saddle to bar drop that I've ever seen barring Ondrej Sosenka or Theo Bos, and those guys are quite tall.
UCI World Cup Classics Track Cycling Photos and Images | Getty Images

Yeah, that position is pretty deep.

Originally Posted by queerpunk
dafuq!
I know, right? This has been around since before the Olympics and I wonder if anyone noticed.

Originally Posted by pierrej
Post isn't the standard BT part either and the ribs are there for aero reasons. One of the guys in my cycling club is a sports engineer and we were talking about the seats over coffee. Best I could describe them as they're a little like pivotal seats and posts underneath from bmx if anyone is familiar with them, and I believe the tops are printed.
In theory they shouldn't be able to tilt under load but I'll see if I can find out any more info about them.

Edit: engineer for our state squad, but the national team overlaps in areas here because the national team is based here.
Wow. I've never heard of the Pivotal system.

According to Dan's Comp (a top BMX parts website):

The Pivotal seat became the BMX industry standard not long after its introduction. The pivotal design requires one-bolt mounting and angular adjustment, and is the most popular option in modern BMX seats.
I could totally see that going main stream for cycling. Or simply make it an option.