Old 01-13-21, 05:01 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by robbyville
Congrats! Looking forward to hearing how you like them. Is this your first time with tubeless?

Lol for some ungodly reason I keep coming back to the GP5000 TL’s despite them being the most difficult tire I’ve had to put on. But they do seem to last longer than most and they rode beautifully. Two weeks ago I was riding with my group and a bolt (of all things) came whipping through us, dinged one guys brand new bike’s downtube and sliced the heck out of my front tire. Sealant wasn’t going to help this puppy (plus I hadn’t topped up in a very long time so it was mostly dry!), pulled over popped a boot and a tube. No muss but reminded me of the fun with the GP’s. Of course I went back to my LBS for another. He was actually out and gave me a great deal on an older Specialized Roubaix. Easy to put on and seated with my cannister pump no problem. I’ll keep it as a spare but have ordered some more of the GP’s

my point, long winded as it is, is that I hope you enjoy the ride. This most recent flat brings my total to 3 in over 5 years, the norm in our group is usually a flat or two on every other ride. With most averaging at least 5 flats a year if not more. Coupled with a nicer ride quality well...

Looking forward to hearing how you like them!

I have two bikes. Gravel bike Topstone and road bike Systemsix. I really wanted a 2nd set of rims for the gravel bike with road tires. So I when I go out of town I can have a gravel or road bike. Instead of just buying
ok rims for the gravel bike I decide to spend a little more and upgrade my carbon road bike to carbon wheels and kick down the alloy wheels from my road to my gravel bike.

I went for a ride today. TBH I can't tell a difference. I can tell a huge difference between my gravel tires and my road tires but I can't really feel much difference from my alloy road wheels with 28 tires on them and my new carbon wheels with 25 tires on them.

BUT I was a FASTER today. I started riding back in march. My goal was to avg 20mph for an hour. I have been averaging 18/19 mph for an hour for a while.

Today I did hit my goal probably because of the wheels.