Old 01-15-21, 11:27 AM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by profjmb
I have had 2 bad accidents in my riding career (ambulance and broken bones, insurance settlements). Although 25 years apart, both involved an incoming driver turning left directly in front of me (because they didn't see me). After the second (2012), I resolved to always ride with good flashing lights, even in the daytime. (BTW, I ride by myself almost exclusively.) I currently use the Bontrager Ion Pro front light and the Bontrager Flare rear. The rear light isn't too obvious, but the front light is.

I have a beautiful bike, a Mosaic RT-1. If possible, I'd prefer a smaller and less conspicuous front light. If I can't achieve this without sacrificing most of the Ion's effectiveness, I'll suffer through. (I also ride with a saddlebag, because my jersey pockets are already fairly full. So I don't sacrifice that much for pure beauty.)

Suggestions welcome.
I feel your pain - I hate things sticking up on top of the bars. I did a couple of things - first I bought some Go-Pro coupler sets (I look on these as the industry standard) and attached a "male" coupler to the underside of my Garmin mount. I then epoxied some "female" couplers to some LED blinkers and to the top of an (I think) 600 lumen rechargeable light. Any of these lights with now attach pretty unobtrusively under the Garmin mount. I also bought what I think is a "handlebar accessory mount", attached a male Go-Pro coupler, so I can mount the big light slung under the handlebar, if I want to run both the blinker and main light. Everything cheapo from Amazon

Likes For Litespud: