Old 02-24-21, 03:48 PM
HarborBandS
HarborBandS

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Parkyy16
Off topic, but how are you liking those WTB exposures? I've been trying to find a 30mm ish road tire that rides well and with a bit of puncture resistant, and with tan walls. Stuck between the WTB and Teravail, and a handful of others.
They are WTB Expanse 32s. I've only done one ride of any significance with them to this point, so my experience is very limited. I have them tubeless with Stan's sealant, and ran them around 70 psi on tarmac for my ride.

Here's what I can say so far:

Pros: I was able to seat the bead on my Hunt Aero Wide wheels with just a regular floor pump. The front tire holds air very well and has no leakage through the sidewalls--comparable to my tires with tubes. Even though there is some minimal tread on the tire, they seemed fast-rolling on asphalt, and the ride was very smooth at the lower pressure. I'll definitely play with the pressure a bit on different surfaces after the weather improves around here.

Cons: The rear tire had to be warrantied after just one ride. There was a line through the sidewall that didn't look like much, but it just leaked too much sealant. I sent a picture to WTB customer service, and they immediately sent me a new tire, on the condition that I destroyed the old tire. A+ for WTB customer service.

I chose this tire because I often ride on a mix of roads and crushed limestone bike paths (hard-packed with no chunky stuff). This tire seemed ideal for this. We shall see if the lack of puncture protection is a problem or not. My previous tires for these trails were 700x38c Challenge Gravel Grinders with butyl tubes, and I've never had a flat once with this setup (different bike).

Last edited by HarborBandS; 02-24-21 at 03:55 PM.