View Single Post
Old 12-03-21, 02:08 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Rdmonster69
Well , I solved the dilemma by ordering a Dura Ace9100 rim brake/mechanical group set last night. Should be at my door by Monday or Tuesday. My wife told me to quit messing around and "just order it for god sake" LoL.

Same crank arm length and compact chainring as the group set on my SLR 6 Ultegra model. 11/30 in the back as opposed to 11/34 (I think) on my Trek. Next up will be wheels and tires. The brakes are good up to 28's but there is no way that old Litespeed will handle tires that big so I imagine 25's is all I can get on there. Too bad because I like the larger tires on my SLR.

Already have a stem coming and will need a handlebar, seat and seat post too but getting there.. Hopefully will be doing some shake down rides around mid February. Usually can start getting some real rides in mid-march so that works out perfectly.

All told I'm hoping this build comes in at a touch more than half the price of the SLR 6 I just bought.

You guys are terrible at talking me out of things

But do you feel validated? That was option 2.

Enjoy.