Old 01-19-22, 11:25 AM
sloppy12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfort is King
I can clearly see you have no idea about what the job entails, nor what effects e-bikes have had on delivery. I know a bit because I used to be a bike delivery captain in a major city. I was the fastest in the city, and we had the second fastest average delivery as a group, in the history of the region. Every one that did delivery was a maniac, virtually in the whole city. It was anything but easy. It took endurance and skill.

Just because a six year old can ride a bike, doesn't mean he can do delivery. It's very disrespectful to say so. It was actually an elite job in some ways, because so few could possibly do it. Fast on a real bike is much different than on an electric one. Anyone can do the latter, but can they do it safely like a REAL cyclist? Mostly they cannot.

In NYC, there used to be a few people who delivered on e-bikes because they couldn't do it on a real bike. People like elderly immigrants. Now, it's expected that you have an e-bike. It's not impossible to do it without one nowadays. And they are expensive and prone to getting stolen.
I know what the job entails just fine. I actually dont know any current or former messengers/delivery guys that have any issue with people using a ebike for that kind of work, none of them care in the least...

My 6 year old comment is directed at the BS that certain people have no business on a type of bike. you act like a e bike is a F1 car or something. And if you were indeed the fastest in your city then there is no way you were doing anything safely. E bike normal bike no one that is fast doing deliveries has ever been safe, lucky maybe. Its disrespectful of you to act like people on a ebike dont earn there spot they work the same crazy hours do the same crazy work in the same streets.
Likes For sloppy12: