View Single Post
Old 01-03-22, 04:03 PM
Zoxe

Bikes: Giant Cypress DX, Bianchi Imola, Surly Cross Check 105, Twin6 Standard TI FSU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
Very impressive Zoxe, I like the spread sheet idea to keep track. That is a lot of Zwifting to keep it up for 60 KM/day or to even consider a century on the trainer. I would really need to plan for that to make sure I had enough GCN video content to watch! ha ha

Can I ask how long 60k took each day to ride? I do about 25km in 45 minutes when Zwifting so 60 K would probably be 1/45 minutes to 2 hours for me?

Would be tough for sure.
Riding solo, I was averaging 30km/hr so right at 2 hours a day, with a break at 1:00 and 1:30. You are riding about the same pace, maybe a little faster. Using the structured workout mode kept me on pace, since it set the power input for me and I didn't get distracted and slack off.

There are quicker ways to do it; drafting in Zwift is a big deal and riding as a group has real benefit. Many participants rode with the 'C' group pace partner, which ran about 40 km/h, if you can hang with them. I rode a bit with the 'D' group pace partner but the average speed was about the same (30 km/h) and riding solo I could stop whenever I needed to.
Likes For Zoxe: