View Single Post
Old 11-24-14, 10:22 PM
RoadGuy

Bikes: 89 Schwinn 754, 90 Trek 1100, 93 Trek 2300, 94 Trek 1400 (under construction), 94 Trek 930, 97 Trek 1400

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaz123
Now that I know some stuff, should I go back to the same shop? I'm tempted to do it just because the staff is very helpful and kind and I haven't read any bad reviews that makes me worried. I also have no idea which other shop to trust being new to biking.

On the side note, if I ride on the bike currently, will something bad happen? I want to try riding to the shop instead of trying to fit it in my sedan.

Go back and get your 10-speed cassette back AND get your money back.

Should you use them again?

Hmm, let's see...

They misdiagnosed the problem, sold you a part you don't need, charged you to screw up your bike, and you gave them a perfectly good part that you could have sold for at least $25-$30, under the misconception that they cured a problem that did not exist.

No, don't go there again. I don't care if their nice to you. That's no reason to patronize the shop. They are incompetent, and unworthy of your business. Find another shop where the employees are respectful, friendly, AND competent. If a guy walked up to you, stuck a *** in your face, and asked you nicely for all your money, would you empty your wallet for him, then volunteer to go to the ATM and get him more?

Last edited by RoadGuy; 11-24-14 at 10:30 PM.