Old 03-15-21, 07:20 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8283 Post(s)
Liked 9,053 Times in 4,479 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
My wife asked me why I always get cold, and I told her I have a lot less fat. While that explanation was exiting my mouth, part of mind was saying 'this is a big mistake' but my mouth kept going....
Originally Posted by cmh
When I get my weight down to near 'race weight' I get cold all the time. I find myself checking the thermostat to see if someone turned it down, and pulling the extra blanket over myself at night that is usually just for my wife. I'm pretty sure this isn't a difference of insulation from an extra layer of fat because I'm talking about maybe 5 lbs of weight. I'm wondering if it is my metabolism slowing down to conserve fat. Anyone else notice this when you get skinny? (And note that I don't get super bike racer single digit bodyfat stick insect skinny, just a shift of 5-8 lbs annually from off season to race weight.)
I get cold easy when not active. I'm fine on the bike in cold weather if I am working. I can do yard work in a tee shirt once I warm up. My theory is it has to do with the body adapting to maintaining temperature when working. I sweat buckets on the bike, even in the cooler weather.