Old 05-14-21, 02:49 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,472 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by sd5782
Beautiful bike, and it should ride wonderfully. I was kinda surprised how pleasing the ride is with the 73 degree frame angles on the Super Sport which I believe shares geometry with your bike. With true rims and good bushings in those turkey brake levers, the braking is okay too. I have one with little use and was also surprised at the brakes. I bet you leave this one “as found”.
Agreed. I plan on doing very little to the bike other than overhauling it and replacing the cables, housing, and tires. I may replace the tape. I know this is original to the bike so I'd just put the old tape in a bag. I plan on leaving everything else alone.

I happen to like turkey levers. I have a set on a Sekine SHS 271. Granted they need to be adjusted right and some brake levers with extensions are better than others. These look pretty decent. The brake levers are set nice and high on the bars so there is considerable room underneath the bars so the extension levers will not bottom out if the brakes are properly adjusted.
Likes For bikemig: