View Single Post
Old 09-22-21, 11:47 AM
tmac100

Bikes: More bicycles than I can ride at one time: 2 custom made tourers, a Brompton 6-speed, and an Indian-made roadster.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by zjrog
OW!!! I climbed Devil's Tower nearly 40 years ago. I slipped a few times, but never fell. While we didn't discuss a brace in the consult, I will next visit.

Long rides, Other than circumnavigating Australia, I don't see how you can much much longer a ride than Perth to Sydney!!! WOW!!! Retired Navy, been to Perth a few times, and a couple Navy buddies now live there. I cycled around the Perth area during my last visit in 1997...

Doc and I did discuss that my muscles below the knee will atrophy further over time, so yeah, I will have to live with that. But this won't keep me down...
Good attitude with your last sentence!

It seems that I have developed some osteoporosis (am 73 now) and am getting that dealt with. In the fusion process, my RT leg was shortened by less than an inch and that has increased to just over an inch - so my RT shoe with the integral brace will need it's sole built up. i see the orthopedic surgeon on Friday..

AKA your last sentence