View Single Post
Old 06-15-22, 12:19 PM
Roger M
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,443 Times in 646 Posts
Not so much me, but where and what my son rode...

Thomas has ridden to school a handful of times this spring, on his MB-1. He is the only kid out of about 500 students that rides to school. Well, last night I pulled my Gitane off the hooks and dropped the seat some. Low and behold, he can actually fit one of my bikes(smallest one that I ride). His backpack is down from about twenty five pounds last week to a more manageable seven or eight(turned in the school laptop and comp books for the year). He said bike handling is much better because of that.

Anyhow he rode the 72 tdf to school today(older than most of the parents of his classmates). Its only a 2.5 mile ride each way, but he is happy to get out and pedal at 6am. The mustache bars were something to get used to, but he thinks the bike is pretty cool.

The custodian saw him pull into school this morning, and was nice enough to suggest that he park in a hallway that only the staff uses. Three more days of school, today probably being the last that he'll get to ride a bike. Time to spool up that Alice Cooper tune...

Last edited by Roger M; 06-15-22 at 03:51 PM.