View Single Post
Old 05-16-21, 10:39 AM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,737 Times in 890 Posts
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
I'm still mesmerized by Rod's circumnavigation of the Earth and finding nearly all of it is local.
Fractals are like that, of course. And while I haven't crunched the numbers, I expect at least half of it was probably on the Minuteman... ;-)

Saturday afternoon, I took the Surly Trucker DeLuxe and rode East, across the rivers, over the hills and around the towns of East Arlington, Medford, Malden, Melrose, and Stoneham.

Northern Strand Community Trail, Malden: adding groceries to the Malden Community Fridge.

Melrose: this photo, looking back down hill from near the crest of the Fellsway East rollers, illustrates the difficulty of capturing the slope of hills. I'm getting visual cues from the photograph that are tricking my eye into seeing an ascent climbing towards the horizon.

Add 180°, and the slope of the remaining ascent is faithfully rendered. There must be settled art here, I suppose I just need to ask Mr. Google about it.

Representation aside, cresting the hill launched me on a whizzy descent down to Malden, which left a 29mph residue on my GPS log. This brought me to Fellsmere Park, Malden, where the Freshman Class was out for a stroll.

One of the two Fellsmere jets d'eau was operating for the first time I've seen this season. Hopefully, the other will follow.

Heading West, I stopped at the Kurukulla Center for the second time. Perhaps if I had "om mani padme hum" engraved on my crank arms, my bicycle would function as a prayer wheel. Assuming I could find someone qualified to bless it, of course.

High Street, Medford, has been a little less than divine lately, but was only moderately vexing today. I sailed through the rotary and over the hill without incident and largely free from suffering.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 05-16-21 at 12:43 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: