Old 05-14-21, 10:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
If I get grease on my finest clothes then I am an idiot who left my brain somewhere. I don't wear my finest clothes to work on a bike, If I do get grease on something light colored I will try to get it out with Rock N' Roll Miracle Red but I wouldn't spend money to soak rags in it. Rags are rags and they are used as much as possible and tossed. Maybe not the most eco-friendly but I can probably venture you are doing way less eco-friendly stuff than tossing a rag every so often.

I wouldn't want to muc up the clothes washing machine to save a greasy nasty rag and destroy my clothing potentially and all the chemicals you might use to try and clean up the clean up are probably also not very eco-friendly and certainly could be a fire hazard. Buy your roommate some new stuff and use old shirts and towels and such as rags and use them as much as possible before you toss. Take those brown stained "tidy whiteys" and turn them black and then toss them instead of tossing them beforehand.