View Single Post
Old 09-06-22, 08:06 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4394 Post(s)
Liked 4,029 Times in 2,690 Posts
Just to be clear an e-bike is a bicycle and bicycles must be pedaled in this case to get assistance. You might be confused and conflating the e-mopeds sometimes sold as bikes simply because they look like a bike usually with crap bicycle parts and throttles which mean you don't need to pedal and are in some cases banned in a lot of places.

Let's be careful not to conflate e-bikes which require pedaling with BSOs with throttles (in this case not just calling all of them wallymart quality but just using it as the literal definition of an object shaped like a bike)

In terms of multi use pedestrian paths yes e-scooters, mopeds and other throttle based motor devices don't belong there but we must also recognize that bikes would be the SUV on that path since we are the biggest and fastest vehicle so it is important we share the path as well. If it is a dedicated bike path then have fun but on the MUP we should share the path.

In terms of e-bikes it is not just for certain people anymore and those who are still against them are stuck in the past and it is time to move forward. You don't have to own one or love them but try one and tell me you didn't have even just a little bit of fun. I use mine nearly daily to commute and get groceries and run other errands and keep out of cars and buses and such. It has got me riding a lot more and if people don't think that is a net good, that is a problem that needs to be addressed across the board. Bikes are great and if people are able to ride them more and pedal easier or go further or whatever that is always excellent. Let's get more butts on saddles and pedaling.
Likes For veganbikes: