Old 03-15-24, 10:56 AM
zymphad

Bikes: Super Cheap gc3 approved Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mams99
Up until now, I have not had a bike repair stand. I just take my bike in for regular maintenance (which I will still do), but I've wished for a bike repair stand for awhile so I can more easily change tires or even line up a tire more easily.

Right now (and for the foreseeable future), if we want to ride our bikes, we need to haul them in in old Honda Fit. We can fit 2-3 bikes in the car if we take off the front wheel. The problem with this is getting the front wheel all centered up properly every time we do this. Maybe having a bike repair stand I can throw in the car will make that easier to center? (or is that silly?)

I figure I would also use this repair stand for cleaning the chain. It has to be easier than trying to do it while the bike is on the ground. I'm also thinking of getting the super heavy duty one because I have an electric cargo bike. The Pro Mechanic HD by FeedbackSports is the one I'm thinking of getting.

As you can figure out - I'm mostly an end user bike rider. I know how too change a tire, but that's about it.
I've built 2 bikes and service and maintain them with a $50 stand I got off Amazon.

I don't recommend it. And if you got multiple bikes and do lot of service work etc, don't buy the cheap ones. Get a good one. I've no idea which one, as that is what I am looking into now. The $50 still works fine. I may be able to just reinforce the tubing though? I may go to the hardware store and just buy some PVC pipe or something and glue it in there and see how that works out.

But if all you want to do is change tires and wheels, then yeah those stands would do fine.