Old 04-18-23, 09:49 PM
FL_Gator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Break In Sit Bones??

Hey roadies,

I’ve been riding for about 15 years and have ridden 25+ saddles over that time looking for one that doesn’t cause frontal numbness. I FINALLY found the BiSaddle SRT2.0 where I can set the front full width and finally get the width and depth I need for my nerves… first time ever. However, this saddle is the hardest thing I have ever ridden. It feels like nails in my sit bones after 5 miles and doesn’t let up.

I have about 8 rides for 150 miles or so on it now, all spaced 4-5 days apart, without noticeable improvement and I was wondering if sit bones really do adjust to a saddle eventually or if people just get used to the pain? The saddle itself is not likely to break in at all due to its materiality and durability. So I think it’s up to me to adjust.. but does that really happen?

For context I have a perfectly fitted Roubaix in a not very aggressive comfort/performance fit. I wear Endura Pro SL bibs designed for centuries.
I have ridden comfortably (except for numbness) many Spec Romins, Power Mirror, Romin Mirror, Fizik Antares, SQLab Ergowave, ISM PN4.1 (which I loved but the gap up front was too narrow). None of these ever had any sit bone pain after 2-3 rides.

I want so badly for this to be the solution to 15 years of numbness… but wow if it isn’t the hardest saddle ever. Thoughts?