Old 05-27-22, 10:37 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
I also predict that a higher percentage of DF bikes bought now will be the ones sold. The reason, DF bikes cause pain to new riders. OTOH those that bought recumbent will be less likely to sell off their recumbent or trike, because of virtually no pain.

This is another "sun will rise tomorrow" prediction.

Recumbent bikes are a tiny fraction of the bikes sold in the US. They are a lot harder to obtain than a DF bike. Someone who is buying a bent has probably put a lot of time and effort into finding an appropriate bike to buy, whereas anyone can basically find a new or used DF just about anywhere, so a greater proportion of DF sales will be impulse purchases and/or purchases that are just not well-researched. I don't need your cockamamie "cause pain" over-generalization to make that prediction, just the fact that people who buy bents need a fair amount of commitment to the project just to purchase it in the first place, while buying a DF is mostly just a matter of plunking down enough money.

Was there a COVID bent boom, btw? I'm skeptical.
Likes For livedarklions: