Old 08-04-22, 03:11 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
If only there were someplace, maybe near one of our borders, that had a lot of them.
I'm good with letting them in. I've known many good people who have immigrated from Mexico.

We have an immigrant couple (documented now) that cleans our house and the office who have worked for us for over 10 years. I still can't understand or converse with them very well, and when I talk to them the response is pretty much "Si" to everything I say. I doubt they understand me much as well. Because of that, we usually communicate through their daughter. I've helped their family with several legal issues, mostly small stuff. They always try to pay, but I can't take their money. I doubt they know what my billing rate is or could afford it.

Their daughter got married about a year ago, and shortly after they were at the house working while I was working from home. They were proudly showing me pictures from the wedding, and I asked Santiago if he cried. He just started tearing up and answered, "Si, si." Told him I'll be doing exactly the same thing when mine gets married.

End of immigrant ramble.
Likes For Mojo31: