View Single Post
Old 01-22-23, 12:05 AM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked 1,748 Times in 1,017 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
Agreed.

But you've listed two bikes. I assume these are both used bikes? Have you looked at them? My very inexperienced advice says fit is first. After fit (assuming they're fairly equal), select the one that's in the best condition.

Also, how urgently do you want to buy? The market for bikes is predicted to get pretty soft in 2023 so there's potential for picking up a better bike for roughly the same money if you can stand to wait.

This is a good point, the used market is really starting to fall as people that bought during the covid lockdown and not using are looking to unload. you might want to keep an eye out for better bike if one pops up in your price range. I recently sold a 2 yr old Domane for a little less than I wanted, but dude had cash in hand, so I took the deal. Cash in hand is a strong convincer.