View Single Post
Old 07-07-22, 03:30 PM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
So then why do you need maps.me?
An actual GPS unit is for navigation. In this mode it excels. With respect to viewing alternate routes or showing a buddy some routes while we have a beer...I don't carry an Edge around with me.

Like most folks..I do carry a cell phone with me while on the bike or off. With M.M loaded with various routes on the cell I can pull up the route we're riding and look around on a current (updated) map for services or maybe call an audible to change the route for some reason. I can also show a route to someone if the topic of conversation goes to riding and good routes we've taken. Some friends use their cell for navigation. In that case I can show them how routes can be followed with offline maps like those on M.M.

M.M is/was handy. Organic Maps will now be handy...once I offload M.M and uninstall it.