Old 03-14-24, 07:21 PM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 524 Times in 360 Posts
For training, I want to be able to ride 60 miles "comfortably" in the months before the 100. Comfortably still allows for some discomfort at hands, shoulders, saddle, and feet, but nothing major. If I'm at 50 miles of the 60 thinking, "oh no, 10 more miles", then I need to ride more of these longer rides. These 60 miles rides become just another long day ride, no big deal, tiring but good. (my usual riding is 40-50 mile rides approx 3 times a week in the spring, summer, fall, and mostly indoor in the winter.)

I mostly ride 100 in event rides, where there's lots of other riders and lots of rest stops. The other riders, friends or just riders going at my pace, help make the ride time go by quicker, compared to riding solo.

Every time, I think "we are pretty far along now", and look down at my bike computer distance. It'll show something like "21 miles" or "23.5 miles". What! more than 75 to go! Oh no. But later, at around 50 or 60, I'm thinking "I'm still good, lots of reserves, nice day, it's going to work." Sometimes, the last 5 or 10 miles are tough, other times not bad at all.

Last edited by rm -rf; 03-14-24 at 07:28 PM.