View Single Post
Old 05-19-21, 02:41 AM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 244 Posts
On Monday I rode a loop I had enjoyed several times last year: Minuteman to Bedford Depot, Reformatory to its end at Lowell Rd, then a short backtrack to Great Meadows NWR. From there, Monsen Rd, Bedford St (Rt 62) and Old Bedford Rd to Meriam's Corner to pick up Battle Road through MM National Historical Park. Battle Road to it's eastern end, then Old Mass Ave, Wood St and Mass Ave to the Lexington Common and back home on the Minuteman. From my starting point it was 29 miles total, about one more than the direct way back via Bedford. About 12 of those were on dirt, as opposed to 8 the "usual" way. I stopped for a bio break at the Meriam's Corner restrooms, which thankfully are open again after being closed for a year:

I did the ride on my hardtail MTB, but it would be great on anything with suitable tires. I got to enjoy the challenging (at least for me) climbs on the two Mass Ave sections, with the rewarding final whiz down into Lexington Center.

Tom
Likes For bike_tom: