Old 09-07-21, 01:42 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
BTS, I read the thread in ST, obviously, the data is bogus. One of the many things I like about sanctioned racing is the officiating and rules. Generally, they are pretty good so when you win or set a record, it is valid.

The guy may not be doing a zero offset before he rides on his PM. I do not remember if anyone suggested that. But in reality, it is a mute point. The rider should know the data is bogus and go hire someone to help him. Every coach and testing service that I have used would solve / explain the issue in a heartbeat it once they see the rider on bike, riding and take timing splits.

And some athletes just show up with a lot of power without training. And improve with very little additional stimulus and recovery. That does not mean that they can ride in a grand tour. There are a lot of variables.

Have you ever seen a rider in a time trial snake along the road? I mean the front wheel is constantly changing direction with each pedal stroke. That is an amazing way to scrub speed and waste power.
Likes For Hermes: