Old 07-18-20, 11:06 AM
kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
kissTheApex I'm trying to diagnose a weird problem with my guitar rig. My delay and reverb are in the effects loop of my Valveking - yesterday when I turned it on they were doing what sounded like this weird self-oscillation, like if you turn the repeats of an analog delay all the way up. I thought that both pedals might have given up the ghost but I plugged them straight into my bass amp and they work fine

So it turns out that having a big pedalboard is super fun until you have to figure out what's wrong with it

I just hope it's not something wrong with my amp . We had a power surge that knocked out our garage door opener recently so I'm a tad bit concerned even though it sits behind a surge protector.
carp!

not very familiar with the valveking, but does it have its own reverb/tremolo etc that may have been turned on?

my next check would be to put the pedals straight in and make sure the oscillation only happens in Fx loop. Do you have anything else you can plug in to the fx loop to see anything changes?