Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 10-23-05, 08:50 PM
Purr
Kitten

Bikes: A no-name 10-speed tank, but man, that Xootr Swift in the window sure looks sweet...no, wait...someone just hung a "SOLD" sign on it...that's cuz I bought it!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by james_swift
Excellent! Be sure and let us know what you think of your Swift.
A very nice ride. Very maneuverable. Much more manageable than the BF's 700c Cannondale. Though I'm typically of the once-you-find-a-gear-you-like-you-stick-with-it school, I found myself easily shifting up and down to accommodate inclines and headwinds.

The BF and I were exploring a new route, and to my surprise he said he was ready to give up and go home due to the uphill grade and strong headwinds. I was a little winded, but willing to persevere after a brief breather, however we decided to back home. Also we had car-necessary errands that needed to be run. Still, we had a really fun little 3.5 mi. spin.

[Note: The BF informs me that he had felt winded because he didn't realize he was in 3rd gear instead of Granny-low. Consider the record set straight.]

After the errands, I was tempted to go back out and take a run (~5 mi. or so) on my own, but it was getting late, I was just plain sleepy. Wouldn't do to risk an unpleasant ride this early in the game, now would it? Besides, "leave 'em wanting more," was a standard phrase in vaudeville. It must be true because I can't wait to take 'er out again!

All in all, a great bike. Although I'm used to your standard drop-handlebar 10-speed, it's going to take just a little getting used to something more like a hybrid.

Regardless, I can't wait to tell my long-time cycling friend that after too many years, I finally plunked down my li'l plastic card for a decent set o' wheels. He'll probably look out at the car, see no bike rack, and expect me to whip out a picture of the new cycle. I'm so gonna love popping that silver beauty out of the trunk and locking that seat-post into place!

Oh yeah, that, and when I go to EMS or the LBS, I now have an actual reason to buy bike accessories.

BTW, did I say that I liked the bike?