Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 10-27-05, 06:07 PM
Purr
Kitten

Bikes: A no-name 10-speed tank, but man, that Xootr Swift in the window sure looks sweet...no, wait...someone just hung a "SOLD" sign on it...that's cuz I bought it!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay, I know I've promised pictures...I haven't forgotten...we're just having some problems fitting in some photographing time around the biking time (by the time we're back from the ride, the light's gone).

However...

I biked to work for the first time today!

It's around 5 mi. each direction, if I leave from the BF's place. I figured it might be my last chance before the clocks change. I'm a rather new cyclist and though I have lights and enjoy riding on quiet streets in the dark, I'm still hesitant about taking on rush-hour traffic that way. I need to gain some more confidence and savvy for that.

The way in was uphill and upwind, so I felt a bit shagged and sleepy all day (of course, the eyes snapping open a full 3.5 hours before the alarm clock didn't help either ). I got lots of compliments on the Swift, though. Although I thought my legs would ache a bit, that seemed to come more from my back and shoulders. That's not the bike's fault, as I'm pretty out of shape (but daily jaunts should help that).

The ride home was mostly downhill and downwind, so it was much more pleasant. I actually touched 7th gear on a downhill on a service road. S-w-e-e-e-e-e-e-t. I could almost keep up with the BF on his Cannondale who just touched 29 mph (a personal best for him).

So here I am at home, tired...a little ache-y...but happy.

Purr