Old 12-12-20, 02:40 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
As expected this if fighting me every step. Noticed one dust cover hardly seated when I pulled them off early this week. Just got the proper tool in and the non drive side was no issue. But yeah, threads are jacked on the drive side. Cannot get the puller in to even think about pulling off the crank. Not sure how I"m going to solve this non-destructively.

And as luck has it. As I'm typing this Fedex knocked on the door dropping off the replacement chain rings and other goodies for this. Sigh......

Everything came out just fine on the non-drive side, lock ring, and cup as well as the bearings.

Any ideas?

Oh and I got the new locknuts in from Yellow Jersey that are supposed to fit the front Normandy Axle but nope. Won't thread on. Maybe this was changed out sometime in the past?

I truly expect to be slugging away at this all winter, at least that is what I figured when I got this. Enjoying the frustration and the challenge, LOL!

Especially when a quick hand polish brings out the simple beauty of a part like this!

Hood are in pretty good shape too but I'll still see if I can find new ones that fit, more easy research and fun hunting!

Last edited by jamesdak; 12-12-20 at 03:12 PM.