Old 12-22-20, 05:26 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2324 Post(s)
Liked 4,992 Times in 1,777 Posts
The rest of the crank is off! For those sensitive stop reading now.

I just a 3" three arm crank puller with some "mods". I put a small socket on the end of the axle to push against. To protect the back of the crank I was able to use two 4 inch thick metal straps between the crank and the arms on the puller. This kept the puller from gouging the crank at all and helped distribute for force on the crank, I hope. Anyway, popped right off.

I thought about replacing the chain rings with NOS Stronglight ones but decided to go with some newer Velo Orange ones and change the gearing a bit. The modern profile on the teeth should improve the shifting too.

Totally struck out on finding replacements for the front locknuts. I could easily switch this to some 700c wheels I have on hand but 27" just seem right. The rational brain is saying just get some modest ones from Velomine. The heart is say spend the extra on those sweet looking Velo Orange ones. I don't know which is going to win....