Old 01-08-21, 05:52 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,997 Times in 1,780 Posts
Still slowly hacking away at this. Acetone does attack that red lining paint but it takes a lot of work and it's hard to get into the area around the lugs to really get at the paint. Moving on from that for now. Turns out the new hardware from Velo Orange was a tad to long for attaching the main chainring to the arm on that side. The problem was the larger half of the chainring bolt assembly. Was too long for the chamfered holes. So I cleaned up and polished the original hardware and put that back on. Took off the old dried up tires and cleaned up inside the rims. Decent enough cloth rim tape on the wheels so I left that and mounted on some new Pasela tires. Moved the cable guide down to where it belonged after giving it a good clean and polish too. I also remounted the FD I had removed to clean up. Brakes are polished up and put back on. Was going to order some Kool Stop Continental pads for this but right now I put on some NOS Shimano pads. Alignment angle is off for the pads though so I'll need to sort out a better solution.

Too much leaning over this morning trying to get those crappy Garmin sensors working on my roller bike caused me to jack up my back. So I didn't get as much done on the Stella as I wanted. Can't stand very long.

On other bike related stuff today I sold my 1998 Trek Y-Foil today. This was the "beater one" I picked up locally a while back. Just needed the room in the bike cave. Still have the NOS 1999 one, that/s not going anywhere.

I also have the new Veloflex tubulars stretching on the rims as of this morning. They're on the old Superbe hubbed wheels I got to finally put the Opus III "right". Keep going back and forth in my mind over taping vs gluing them....

Here's the Stella as I left it today. Next up I guess is calculating the chain length so I can get the new chain on it.