View Single Post
Old 01-11-22, 07:24 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,026 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by sced
People that complain about current market conditions should just wait awhile, maybe a year or two for markets to adjust, and enjoy what they they already have. Consumerism is a major source of pollution.
Not all of us can, the kids keep growing. My middle kid just grew out of his 24" into a 27.5, I couldn't find a decent bike for a reasonable price that was just right, but the local shop had a c-dale trail 6 which is a decent geometry frame for XC. One fork upgrade, a proper length crank, and a 1x9 system from microshift and for 1100 I had a nicer bike than what they seem to be selling for about 1400, with air fork and lockout and down to 28lbs. Managed to get used for my daughter but haven't found a decent XS mtb on ebay or marketplace for a reasonable price. Now I'm building a new cross/road bike for my oldest since she's almost out of her road bike and the middle kid has outgrown his. If she's doing road nationals in FL it can't be on the mtb so maybe consumerism but also necessity if my kids are going to have their fun. Next year the middle kid will be racing mtb and training road and track, too young for nationals, while the oldest will do track nationals if its in PA again, several cross races and train half the time on the mtb in the woods.
Likes For Russ Roth: