View Single Post
Old 01-13-22, 09:11 AM
N2deep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
You're not alone. Have fun getting the parts to build it.

I just sent out a Lynskey a customer ordered up. She mentioned how she was happy to wait for the frame. It took like 8 months or something. Her hubs took 6 months (Chris King) but I was able to get them in about the time she got her frame. I was anticipating that would be the longest wait. I had the bike in house for over a year just trying to get some GRX parts.

Everyone is building up a custom bike right now.
Great point and that’s why a lot of us are fishing the used pond for components or building outside of the conventional markets. The whole situation is ridiculous as bike prices pre-pandemic were grossly over inflated, a premium bike is not worth the $5k tag, that now has risen to $7k if you can find one. A lot of this stupidity is engrained in the industry practices and sales models. I hope this doesn't happen but they will flood the markets and the Independent LBS will be the winners, the branded stores will lose out due to their inability to change or do business outside of their models. Reciently my Domane needed a bottom bracket bearing, the Trek store wouldn’t repair it because they didnt have access to Trek authorized parts, although they are readily available on the net. This type of arcane practice shows the level of inflexibility instilled in their models.