Old 08-04-22, 08:08 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 182 Posts
Up until lately when the monsoon season arrived with a vengeance rain hasn't been a problem in the Las Vegas area. We went months with no measurable precipitation. However, I would not leave your bike on the rack. I used to buy bikes at the Metro police auction in the distant past. I bought a nice road bike and had it re-stolen within a year. It was parked outside a business in a sketchier part of town locked to a metal sign post. It's hard to securely lock a bike to the car when it is on the rack so you are tempting thieves to steel both the bike and rack. As far as the bike being useful if you get stuck, you aren't going to ride very far in the heat of the summer. A cell phone is a much more useful tool. Any bike left outside in Las Vegas is going to be crap in short order. I can see my neighbor's cruiser deteriorate by the week as she leaves it out in the sun behind the gate at the house.