View Single Post
Old 12-30-06, 11:39 AM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
I just came back from a ride and I was paying close attention to the gearing and I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if I could get away with a different cassette and try that for awhile.Where I live it's pretty flat,a lot of wind,but I'm trying to set the bike up for the Texas hill country.I think I can change the cassette with no problem,but I don't know about the chain rings. It looks like mine are all one piece. I put the new chain on because it looked about 1/8" to long and when I did change it, with a little adjustment it shifted a lot better. If I put a new cassette on, I was going to go with the 34 Sram so I would be the same as the chain, but another post above said I would have to add links. If I have to add links I just as soon go with the 32. Is it that hard to change the chain rings out? I don't know about the chain line and what BB I'm suppose to use and what tools I'm going to need. I want to get the tools anyhow so I can pull it apart and lube it. I did measure the BB and it looks like it's 73mm so if I bought a new crank set I was going to order the same BB (73mm). Anyhow when I do, do this I'll feel like I've accomplished something and feel good that I've done it. Thanks George