Old 02-16-16, 04:27 PM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy Cyclist
The past year has been the worst for it, I have had a lot of problems with it, from constantly burning out headlights, to the power steering suddenly not working, to the price of gas. Last weekend while I was at the bank and sitting in my car, someone backed up into it and when got out to get there insurance info, they just drove away.

I have actually been thinking about getting rid of it sooner but at the end of the month, it will be gone. I am actually looking forward to April when I can start riding my bike again and not have to depend on my car to get around.
The worrying part is that you think you depend on your car now. If that's the case, where will you be when it's gone? Or do you not really depend on it?

I had a similar situation in that my car had some serious repair issues to be addressed, and I just decided to get rid of it. It was a fairly easy choice for me because the car would sit, undriven, for months at a time, so I looked at the cost of repair vs. the cost of booking air and/or train travel for my few out of town trips for the year, the figures were close, and once I factored in the aggravation of keeping a car running that I rarely used, it was an easy decision.

It's been great for me. I wish you luck.