View Single Post
Old 10-28-15, 09:19 AM
Hrothgar42

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
This is AMAZING. Did you use Google Fusion Tables or something?
No. But looking at it, maybe I should have. It's custom javascript on top of Chart.js. Next up is figuring out how to get more frames in the legend, then maybe adding options for plotting top tube and head tube length.

Originally Posted by weavie
I'm interested to know how you came to these values. I've been using "reach = top tube - (cos(seat tube angle) * length of seat tube)" and it gets me pretty close most of the time to published reach numbers but yours are a bit different for the bike I own (Fuji track elite) so I'm thinking you have a different equation.
That is the equation I'm using if the manufacturer doesn't publish stack and reach. It's accurate if the top tube is horizontal, but if the seat tube is significantly higher or lower than the top of the head tube, it's not great. Take a look at the Dolan TC1 or the Giant Omnium in the graph. They both shorten the reach when going up a size. Now that's probably due to the calculation being inaccurate, but it would be great to know for sure.

Fuji does provide stack and reach for the track elite in their geometry chart, and I'm using the 2015 one here. Is yours possibly an older model year? I can add it assuming I fix the legend size issue.