View Single Post
Old 10-31-19, 02:17 AM
ruudlaff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
I always called BS on the Cervelo being appropriate for the Sprinters, too. Cervelo makes aero bikes. That's their focus. Not strong bikes. Same with Argon 18 (AUS).

TT Bike companies and Engineering companies (Lotus) get excited when you say they the idea is to make something "as aero as possible"...and then that becomes the focus, not strength.

When making a top-tier sprint bike they should start with an anvil and then try to make it an aerodynamic anvil...without weakening it. (That's essentially what a BT Stealth was, hahaha)

When a sprinter has 100% faith that his/her frame and components can handle more than they can possibly deliver through them, THAT'S when you'll get super-human efforts.

Lingering doubts ("Will my wheel slip?", "Will my strap let my foot out?", "Will my tire rub?", "Will my stem break?"), cause the rider to subconsciously hold back power.

All it takes if for one slip in training to plant a seed of doubt for days or weeks.
i had the same questions and opinion. Asked someone who has a bit of “knowledge”, and the time differences to be made are astonishing. To the point that I don’t think even the sprinters would care if it felt like a wet noodle underneath them.
Likes For ruudlaff: