View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 09:40 PM
Ace32

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys for some really interesting insights there. Feel there's a lot at play with the aero vs. deflection thing, and a fast wheel demanding a specific tyre, thus creating something of a chicken and egg scenario. Any idea what width tyre / when they were running on the Zipp in that 808 vs iO study that I've heard about bazillion times but never actually seen? (btw. anybody got a link?)

So... here's my solution for now... Think I might have to go carbon deep for a season or so, and slide a rear disc into the mix next year. All whilst I keep an eye out for a skinny Gipiemme/Shamal front to run indoors down the line (if n+1 is a thing, then surely w+1 is also a thing) I'm usually outdoors in the wind and I'm not quick enough to negate a yaw angle! With that in mind, I'm prob looking at 23mm width. If someone gives me a wheel I'm gonna use a handful of times a year at a price I can't say no to, then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

In the meantime, will also tick off Carlton's bang for the buck speed list of helmet / skinsuit / shoe covers.

If anyone thinks that's stupid, tell me. I'm here to learn, don't exactly have extra cash unless I sell one of the kids and most of you guys appear to be in lockdown, so have we got much else to do?