Old 01-12-21, 08:55 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Congrats! Looking forward to hearing how you like them. Is this your first time with tubeless?

Lol for some ungodly reason I keep coming back to the GP5000 TL’s despite them being the most difficult tire I’ve had to put on. But they do seem to last longer than most and they rode beautifully. Two weeks ago I was riding with my group and a bolt (of all things) came whipping through us, dinged one guys brand new bike’s downtube and sliced the heck out of my front tire. Sealant wasn’t going to help this puppy (plus I hadn’t topped up in a very long time so it was mostly dry!), pulled over popped a boot and a tube. No muss but reminded me of the fun with the GP’s. Of course I went back to my LBS for another. He was actually out and gave me a great deal on an older Specialized Roubaix. Easy to put on and seated with my cannister pump no problem. I’ll keep it as a spare but have ordered some more of the GP’s

my point, long winded as it is, is that I hope you enjoy the ride. This most recent flat brings my total to 3 in over 5 years, the norm in our group is usually a flat or two on every other ride. With most averaging at least 5 flats a year if not more. Coupled with a nicer ride quality well...

Looking forward to hearing how you like them!
Likes For robbyville: