View Single Post
Old 08-12-21, 10:08 PM
LibertyFLS
GDFTR

Bikes: '74 Falcon San Remo, '80 SR Semi Pro, '88 Trek 360, '18 Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by HTupolev
So, are you going to purchase a modern bike with way wider gearing than existed back then? Seems like you still need to N+1.

Edit: Also, you should probably cover those unused bottle cage bosses on the seat tube. It's aesthetically unpleasing to leave those open, and it adds places for water and gunk to intrude into the frame. A bottle cage is the most obvious thing to put there, but if not, round-headed bolts tend to look nice for this purpose.
Isn’t a 2018 a modern bike? It’s got 2x11 gears with a 32 on the cassette. In 1973 a 24 was “big” on a freewheel which is what’s on my Falcon and the Campy NR jockey wheel touches it. On my SR I have a 26, wow! Lol yes compared to those bikes, this is a very modern bike. And at least once today I reached down to shift and felt an empty space and thought wth?

That photo was taken a few hours after I got home. There are bolts there now, and a different cage on the down tube. 👍

Last edited by LibertyFLS; 08-12-21 at 10:14 PM.