View Single Post
Old 11-28-21, 09:38 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked 778 Times in 496 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I gave you two bar mounted and one helmet mount. I typically use both. The helmet mirror has a much better field of view due to proximity to the eye, its size, and frankly the ability to "scan" the traffic moving your head. I can see a car much, much further away in my EVT than either of the two bar mounts. The Italian one rides under the radar in that it is inconspicuous, I have a couple of those onto my faster racing type bikes. If on the poseur go fast racing bike, I won't wear the uncool, dorky helmet with mirror.
Understand and find it interesting that the "serious" riders actually look upon the eye mirror's as "dorky". They actually reduce accident risk by provided better behind vision. Bikers riding in groups have the group safety effect.