Old 01-20-22, 02:40 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Hey, I don’t want you to hear the burden and I don’t have all the answers, but we, as a society, are doing expensive, politically difficult, and inefficient things all over the place. This is, at least, an effective approach.
I'm not disagreeing with the concept. I would hope that would be the types of things addressed by the "Build Back Better" and other plans. I'm just saying that you cannot put the burden of "the common good" on the shoulders of the private business sector. It's getting damn hard to run a private business these days and keep it profitable at some level. If you start throwing "common good" costs onto the pile, you'll just start seeing them close. I don't know too many people who want to work at a loss or for free for very long.

I also don't think the burden of pandemics and the likes should be put on the shoulders of the medical community, especially when that burden results from people pontificating about their "personal rights." I'm a big believer in natural consequences and that there doesn't always have to be a safety net to protect people from their poor decisions.

Interesting fact: Did you know that almost 85% of small business owners make less than $100k per year?