Old 01-20-22, 06:40 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20808 Post(s)
Liked 9,450 Times in 4,668 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
My mountain bike does that. I didn't know until one time I drove 45 miles to a ride start and I guess the day before I had the wheel off and when I put it back on it was a little wonky. I pulled the axle out and I thought it was broken. Finally figured it out and went riding. I used a piece of stiff wire to push the pawls down. Kept checking it every time we stopped because I wasn't sure.
Yeah, there's a rubber gasket on the Zipps and they recommend pulling that down and over the pawls before inserting, but that gasket doesn't always seem to re-seat cleanly, so I just leave the gasket in place to do gaskety things and I use whatever thin-bladed tool that I have on-hand to nudge the pawls.

Originally Posted by phrantic09
Strange, perhaps it’s to make changing the freehub bodies easier with shimano, XD and XDR these days?

Cassette comes tomorrow, not sure what tires yet but I’m leaning toward whatever I can find
I seem to recall seeing some decent-ish prices ($50-60 ea) on the Michelin Power Roads the other day. Inventory on 28s is running pretty thin across the board, though - it's almost as if they've become the new default enthusiast size....