Old 01-23-22, 06:28 PM
Enthalpic
Killing Rabbits

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Anybody an expert on online communications? I'm the captain of my Zwift racing team (grudgingly, because no one else wanted to do it), and have a team of 8 guys. About 6 are on facebook and the other 2 refuse to use it due to privacy/advertising/whatever. 6 are on Slack (including the 2 not on facebook), but 2 are facebook only and dislike the idea of having additional apps. We use Discord for communications during races, but everyone seems to hate discord's text feature. Trying to organize which 6 are going to race each week, get out race strategies, coordinate last minute subs, etc. is a PITA while trying to remember who is on what server for person to person communications and just about everything else has to be duplicate posted in both places (annoying the 4 guys who are on both). Any other suggestions?

I have a shared google sheet that I use to track everyone's availability, organize links to all the various race previews, track where everyone is in terms of power/rest, track who is close to an upgrade (and whether they've done enough races this season that an upgrade doesn't mean they'll have to finish the season racing up a cat), track weekly rosters/keep track of who has sat out how many races, calculate TTT pull length/power, and post my course cue sheets. I wish I could just trust everyone to keep the availability calendar up to date, and then send out a group email once a week with our plan.

As it is, any strategy discussions, I have to summarize and post to the other service that didn't have them. I mean for sure, next season I have to be more forceful about telling club leadership to look harder for someone else.
Old school reply-to-all emails!